Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Claim to Fame


This is my wife, Suzanne, and me, with Jimmy Creegan, the basist for the Barenaked Ladies.
Jimmy is Suzanne's 2nd cousin, and they grew up visiting each other every now and then. When they come on tour in our area, we try to go see them and catch up with Jimmy. He usually gets us backstage passes.
The coolest time was a few years ago when they played at the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill. We were taken to a big back room, and all the friends/family/groupies of each band member was taken to a corner of the room with it's own couches and chairs, and when the band came out, each person came to see his own fan group. Then, they all rotated around to each group, so you got to meet each member of the band, and get autographs if you wanted.
It really seems that Jimmy has not let fame go to his head. He's always been very friendly and laid back when ever I've seen him. But anyways, that's my claim to fame.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anomaly said...

A reasonable claim, when you come to think of it - you meet him regularly and you're sort of related to him (by marriage).

Better than I've ever managed ;)

Kudos on the post, too!

Anomaly

7:01 AM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

My wife and I volunteered at an elementary school for a daddy-daughter dance. My wife was in charge of pictures. One particular gentleman and his daughters were fussing about. She told them they needed to sit still. Turns out, it was Uncle Kracker. He lives not too far from me.

Cool post & picture.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Give yourself some time, Anomaly. When you get to be as old as I am (lol - 30's) you have a claim to fame, I'm sure.

JR - cool story.

Ciao
-Jamie

8:25 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I saw Peter Andre (God help me, he's awful! -for those who don't know, he's is this 'singer') in my local town once when I heard screaming and I turned around and a whole group of girls descended on him in HMV.
I also regularly meet the woman who was on the front cover of the first Britsh Vogue, as she is the grandmother of one of my close friends.
Helen x

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I never heard of Peter Andre, but I'm not really into the whole singing/band thing.
Cool about your grandmother's friend!

Where in England are you? I've been to London, but that's it.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home